Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 11:15:19PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> The ones I have seen requested, have generally not taken into consideration
> the overall picture.

Please be specific.  Which changes have been requested by whom and where?
Have you responded to them?  Has anybody responded to them?  I am interested
because I want them to compare with some of the changes I would like to
request and have encouraged a discussion about in the past.  Usually I try
to take as broad a picture into consideration as I can, and where I failed,
I would like to learn what I missed.  Maybe I can learn from past
discussions about related issues.

> I'm not against the hurd.  Not at all.

Good.  It would be silly to be against a piece of software.

> I'm just against any person or
> organization requesting me to do something, when I have no idea how 'learned'
> that individual or group is.

Did this happen?  I would understand your position.  But what does it have
to do with the Hurd, or with Debian GNU/Hurd?  Please clue me in, because I
don't recognize any specific issue that I am concerned about for Debian
GNU/Hurd that would fit your description.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de