Re: [Press] Distributing the Gnu Hurd

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 02:44:05PM +0000, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Here below is the email I sent to Philip, about distributing
> a "not tooo big" .iso of the Gnu HURD onto our magazine
> CD-Rom:

Very nice! :)

Please keep in mind that the whole system should be referred
to as either "GNU", "GNU/Hurd" or "Debian GNU/Hurd", where
"the GNU Hurd" is not the same as "GNU/Hurd".

You can check this URL:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/faq.en.html#q1-2

where Neal H. Walfield explains each of these terms.

I recall this because some press articles I've read
(unrelated with Login: of course ;) had confusion on the terms.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992