Re: The HURD on the desktop ?

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 12:09:33PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> Ah, got it now.  https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/wwwhurd/ called the
> Hurd Wedmasters.  I don't understand all these seperate Savannah
> projects.

The basic problem is that in Savannah, every member has CVS write access,
and we don't want to give this out as freely as we want to invite people
into the Hurd project.  (You can not restrict some of the modules in one
repository to certain members in the project.)  This forces everything that
is not done by the core members into other Savannah projects ("out sourcing" :)

The web page is out-sourced this way.  The other projects are more or less
experimental, that might become integrated back into the official tree when
it is ready for it.  hurd-extras is a catch-all for such projects, the
other's predate it.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de