Re: Hurd FS hierarchy (was Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles)

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 04:33:37PM -0400, Richard Kreuter wrote:
> Here's a redraft based on the discussion over the last day or
> so.
>
> The GNU system has been designed with a goal of providing users with
> more power than they have traditionally been afforded on Unix and
> Unix-compatible systems.  As a result, several system binaries are
> useful to normal users and should be found in /bin:
>
> mkfs.*
> mk*fs
> *fsck
> fsck.*
> parted
> *fdisk

Are utilities unrelated with filesystems or partitions allowed to use
these names? maybe we should refer to them by their functionality to
avoid confusion.

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992