Re: Hurd under Bochs

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 09:44:52PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> After a few days I got an installed GNU system in my Bochs :)

Cool, you rock.

> Booting:
> ppa support in mach crashes bochs by reading 0x3c0 (i'm looking into this)

ppa support in Mach might not be sober anyway.  I would suggest you focus on
oskit-mach, if you want to go into serious debugging (unless you are
interested in fixing Boch bugs, of course).

> General:
> can't handle more than 64 translators in /dev (crashing on 65th). note that
> most of /dev/{p,t}ty{p,q}* devices aren't there (btw, they aren't critical
> are they?)

Well, the pty's are used by screen etc.  You will notice when they run out.

> Single-user:
> random crashes setting up pakages, specialy ext2fsprogs and inetutils
> random crashes setting up /dev/console

Those look like genuine Boch bugs.

> native-install: `fsysopts / | perl -ne 'm!^/hurd/(.*?)\.static.*?([^\s]+)\s*?$!; print $2;'` returns device:hdXsY which MAKEDEV doesn't understand

This is a bug in native-install.  It would be nice if someone could fix it
to work with the old and the new syntax.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de