Re: Hurd TWiki forum - hosting

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 01:15:09PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion, Robert.  I need to look into that for hosting
> my own domain name, grantbow.com.  I suspect my bandwidth is a bit
> limited to host a Hurd Wiki though.  I'll summarize to the list soon.

AFAIK you can't host a domain name with a dinamical IP address. You
want a static IP to host the DNS, but standard DNS servers offered
by your domain registrar are not as flexible as free (as in freedom and
price) services like dyndns.org (they take 24h to update or so)

If i am wrong please correct me (i want to know)

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992