Re: Cannot install HURD: bsdutils missing

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:07:28PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> I'm right now trying to install the HURD (once again :-)),

the Hurd is installed when untarring baseHurd.tgz, you mean you're
installing Debian GNU/Hurd

> but when
> executing /.coss-install /gnu --download <mirror>' it complains about
> now finding bsdutils. I checked the main archive and it's really not
> there ('ls pool/main/u/util-linux/*hurd*' yields nothing at all).

IIRC, there's a hacked package in alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian-libio.
but i suggest that while you're at it use the base tarball from the
same URL (gnu-libio-*.tgz) because the old one is non-upgradable.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992