Re: IP handling in Mach/Hurd - route & ifconfig functionality

* Grant Bowman writes:
* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@kemisten.nu> [020501 11:22]:
> I am confused at these results, but the packets just don't want to
> get off the NIC.  Pinging from another host does not give any reply.
> I did the -fg then -ap (see below) but still the same.  showtrans
> gives me back the command that I used to set it via settrans.

I was commenting on the fact that what Richard wrote was a bit wrong, i.e.
that the thing he suggested that you should use was the same thing that you
typed in the first time.

> I've attached the /dev/klog & "ifconfig --verbose" output in case
> there's any clue there.  This is a DE-220 NIC that I started to
> discuss on hurd-help.  Here's the actual change I made to
> gnumach-20020421/linux/dev/drivers/net/Space.c

>    static struct device eth0_dev = { "eth0", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0x240, 10,
> 0, 0, 0, &eth1_dev, ethif_probe };
           ^^^^^^^^^
Shouldn't that be `&eth0_dev'?

Other than that I do not see any problems with how you setup the pfinet
translator.  So it should work I guess...

--
Alfred M. Szmidt