Re: IP handling in Mach/Hurd - route & ifconfig functionality

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:30:41AM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:

> After some poking around I understand that netbase is NOT used for
> the Hurd.  Instead there's inetutils.  It doesn't feel like Debian
> without netbase and it's trappings.  Seems like some good wrapper
> scripts are appropriate.  OK, fine, I'm getting over it.  However
> there's no route command!  The ifconfig command also isn't very
> verbose even using --verbose.  It seems like pfinet should handle
> default gateways, but it's not.

While I can't answer about whether or not we'll support the usual
trappings of netbase (I hope we will, for consistancy across all of
Debian), now that Woody's decoupled from unstable, I will be upload an
inetutils that is binary-any.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.