Re: usage of reserved C++-keyword in cthreads.h

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:22:22AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> The authors of cthreads were not trying to bind C++ people.  Indeed,
> what they were doing was simply ignoring them.  That is, they didn't
> say "ooh, here's a way to screw C++ people", they simply don't
> bother keeping track of the list of C++ reserved words of the week.
> Nor should they: they were writing a C header file.

It's no harder or more complicated than making a header file work with
both K&R and ANSI, especially now that C++ is standardized.  It's just
a matter of whether the authors wanted to do so or not.

You've expressed your dislike of C++ before[0] [1] [2] (In case others
want the references), so your desire not to support it isn't
surprising.  I just think it's sad, considering that it's both trivial
and generally accepted practice.

[0] http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/333/2000/4/100/3583718/

[1] http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/332/1999/12/50/2954993/

[2] http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/332/1999/2/100/1842376/

--
I want to go live with the guy who came up with the phrase "Free like
beer"