[HURD] boot from floppy

Hello,

I've got following problem:

Because my BIOS doesn't recognise my Harddisk (doesn't boot when the disk
is specified in the BIOS, I use a boot-floppy using syslinux with a kernel
on it to boot my system with linux.

Now, when installing Hurd with the GRUB Boot-Floppy, GRUB says, the
specified partition didn't exist. I think the problem is, that GRUB's
looking up some information belonging to my HD in my BIOS, where nothing is
specified.

Is there any other chance to install HURD, without the need of flashing my
BIOS?

mfG
Flo