Re: Different roots for each process possible?

Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> writes:

> I think there's a misunderstanding here. [...]

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that Roland wanted the chdir for
the Unix reasons, while the Hurd reasons and effects are quite
different. I'll go now and chant a thousand times: "Gnu's not Unix".

>  Robbe> Morale of the story: keeping a uid=0 process in a chroot jail
>  Robbe> is moderately pointless. Give it a higher uid, too.
>
> I don't think that's necessary, for the reasons above.

While the most simplest route to escape a chroot is barred, I'm sure
there are others still (e.g. root can still access mach devices), so
I stand by that advice yet.

--
Robbe