Re: NTP + Build updates

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Hey, folks: It *is* sorted, by priority. ;)

Useful sometimes, but not when you search for e.g. "libpcre".

> OTOH, it is very true that we need indices by package name and
> maintainer.

Indeed.

> I will add them, and also split up the page to make browsing through a slow
> link more acceptable.

I dunno -- I prepare waiting 10 seconds en bloc to waiting 2 seconds 5
times. FWIW, good browsers should be able to start rendering while
still loading.

If an all-in-one display is kept as an alternative, I've got nothing
about split pages, of course ...

> I will add a feature to include package specific comments to the package web
> page, so the admin can add more info on a package (like what long term
> change is needed to make it work etc).

You're reading my mind. The turtle tamer could put a link into the BTS
there, for example.

In essence, a package could be in at least these states:

* everything green
* "failed": something went wrong, but nobody has looked into it yet.
* "suspended": bug has been analyzed, maybe even a fix is known,
  details are in BTS; the Debian source is not fixed yet, though.

> I am currently deep into turtle development, so all feature requests are
> welcome.

Minor nit: replace the link to http://turtle.sourceforge.net/ with
http://sourceforge.net/projects/turtle until someone writes a proper
homepage.