Re: sshd fun

Oystein Viggen <oysteivi@tihlde.org> writes:

> I'll try compiling lsh instead to see if that one works better, but
> alas, the lsh-utils package in debian is hopelessly old.
>
> Niels, if you read this:  Any recommendations for lsh on the hurd?

I haven't tried it (I don't have any HURD box or access to one). But
if you have the time, please try it. Too bad that the lsh-utils
package is that old. I don't know why, and I haven't been deeply
involved in the debianization.

The only potential problem I'm aware of is the randomness
initialization; recent versions of lsh try to cope without
/dev/urandom by executing some random commands (vmstat, netstat, ps,
etc with various flags), and seed a prng (currently based on arcfour)
from the output. See
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~nisse/lsh/src/unix_random.c for the
complete list, most of it is taken from Peter Gutmanns cryptlib.

But it will complain if it doesn't get reasonable amounts of output,
and I don't know how many of the commands in the list are available on
the hurd yet.

/Niels