Re: g++ on the hurd?

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:27:33PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> was heard to say:
> >   What's the solution?  ie, should libc0.2 be providing gconv-modules, or
> > should gtk+ not depend on it on the Hurd?
>
> Yes, libc0.2 should provide it. Please file a bug report.

  Ben Collins suggested that it would be better for libgtk1.2 not to depend
on gconv-modules.  I've actually compiled a version for my own use which
doesn't, and it seems to work..

> >   As far as I know, sawfish is threadless.  wmaker might be better standalone,
> > though, since sawfish doesn't have a pager (or I suppose I could get spager
> > working..)

  sawfish, unfortunately, depends on rep-gtk, which needs Gnome to compile.
Once compiled it shouldn't depend on Gnome, though.  I think.

  wmaker, OTOH, compiles perfectly and works nicely.

  Daniel

--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@brown.edu> --------------------\
|                          "Inconceivable!"                                   |