Re: APT

   Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:55:24 +0200 (CEST)
   From: Per Lundberg <plundis@chaosdev.org>

   I just apt-get to work. Well, at least partly. :)

   apt-get update went on just fine, and it downloaded the Packages file
   without problems. After it was done updating the database, it returned to
   the prompt (like when you press C-z), and when I did a 'fg' it generated a
   segmentation fault. (I couldn't investigate in this further, since my gdb
   was linked to a non-existing libshouldbeinlibc.so.. which package is this
   in?)

The Hurd itself.

   Anyway, the 0.1.9 version of APT coldn't handle the "Architecture" thing
   in apt.conf, so I thought I'd better try compiling the latest version
   myself. After installing debhelper and a lot of other stuff, I could at
   least get to the configure phase. It said it required libpthreads, and I
   don't think libpthreads for Hurd exists. Is that correct?

Yep.  I'm working on it, but progress is slow.  I'm giving more
priority to fixing some Hurd bugs right now.

   Another thing I discovered is that the Hurd bails out totally if it runs
   out of memory. But I guess this is quite known? ;)

Yep.

Mark