Re: Mounting and more

> > A first thing I was thinking of is ncftp. Has anybody tried this?
> Not me. Maybe Brent.

Since it's not in the distribution, I guess it didn't work very well? ;-)

> apt-get works for you?

Yeah, as far as connection to the mirror is concerned. But since it tries
to get the package file from binary-i386 instead of binary-hurd-i386 it
fails.. but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

> Wow. Okay, I will try to update apt, now that we have X and all...

Only libs and client, right? I'm currently writing this using X-Win32, so
I could try out the X support at least a little bit.

> > (Yes, my employee lets me play with the Hurd during work hours. It's
> > called "personal evolution". :-)
> Lucky you ;)

Well, my boss is a big fan of free software, so it's kind of cool.