Re: New GHHK is released

   From: Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>
   Date: 17 Jul 1998 14:17:48 -0600

   Rather than fixing the old sources, I will be spending time on getting
   glibc-2.1 and more recent Hurd snapshots to work.

Be aware that using glibc 2.1 is a big job.  It's not fully ported
yet.  I'd suggest instead using the latest 2.0 releases.

   As per Grant
   Bowman's suggestion, I will also be renaming the packages to be
   `i386-gnu-*', to reflect that they are not Pentium-specific.

gnu-0.2 is build for i486-gnu.  Note that just naming packages isn't
enough, you also have to configure gcc for the appropriate target.