Re: 'ran out of pages' error when booting system installed from Hurd H1

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Robert Amble wrote:

> I have a Pentium 90 32MB ram, Buslogic SCSI controller, cd and hardrive
> that will not boot. I created a boot floppy with the SCSI drivers on it
> and ran the partition/mke2fs/install from the H1 cd. The problem is
> when I boot the new partition from GRUB I get the following error
> message and the system cannot find the root disk:

The boot floppy, where did it come from?  If it came from the Hurd CD,
then you should be OK.  If it is a Linux floppy, then you will probably
have problems.

While Linux is used for the intial installation, the boot floppies have
been severely butchered so they will create the Hurd fs and unpack the
Hurd tarball (baseHurd.tgz).  At the first reboot the Hurd is booted and
the only legacy of the Linux phase is formated partitions and an upacked
baseHurd.tgz

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz