Re: [JOB] porting elvis-tiny (termio->termios)

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 04:12:48PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am not sure I posted this before... if I did, sorry.
> >
> > elvis-tiny relies on termio, and needs to be ported to termios.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marcus
> >

> Well, I've done this as well as beav.
>
> Here is the page with the patches:
>         http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~ja2morri/index.html

Can you please submit the patches in the Debian BTS under the respective
package names?  The maintainer will then push them upstream.

When porting packages, I only check the source and the BTS, and of course I
am aware of any recent discussion on the mailing list.  But I can't keep in
mind all the past traffic, so patches outside of the Debian infrastructure
are bound to get lost if the author (here: you) does not actively pursue the
integration of the patches.

If you don't want or can't do this, please let us know.  In this case,
someone else will take over and do it.  But unless this is explictely
stated, I assume that the person who wrote the patch also submits it and
keeps track of the integration (as well as being the contact person for
questions from the maintainer or software author about the patch).

Thanks!
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de