Re: apt-cdrom patch -- testers wanted

Dios Del Tiempo <cronos1_mx@yahoo.com> writes:

> Yes, that's good for all except for me. I wasted my whole weekend making a
> patch for apt, thinking that nobody was working on this thing.

Sorry, I only noticed your mail now...

> --- /gnu/home/src/apt/apt/apt-pkg/init.cc	Sun Jul 15 14:54:37 2001
> +++ init.cc	Sun Jul 15 21:00:31 2001
[...]
> -      Cnf.Set("Acquire::cdrom::/cdrom/::Mount","settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/isofs
> /dev/cdrom");
> -      Cnf.Set("Acquire::cdrom::/cdrom/::UMount","settrans -fag /cdrom");

The problem with your patch is that /cdrom is now hardcoded, while you
can normally give anything to apt-cdrom's "-d" option. I dodged this
by making a new option that applies to all mountpoints. That's why my
patch is more complicated.

You also hardcode /dev/cdrom. I simply mandate that whatever node you
choose, you have properly set up a passive translator there, so that
everything works automatically, once the directory is accessed.

Therefore I think that my patch is a bit cleaner. I will submit it to
Jason when someone gives me a positive test report. So the $SUBJECT
still applies.

--
Robbe