Re: util-linux [was Re: remote X applications]

[About porting util-linux]

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:24:20AM +0800, Glenn Alexander wrote:
> Three possible results:
>
> 1) Programmer says: Nup (and we continue to port it ourselves).
>
> 2) Programmer says: Cool (I like to think this is probable)
>
> 3) Programmer says: Those HURD people are reaally nice. I might join the
> project. (Obviously the best response)

You see, we can include components of util-linux in GNU packages without
their consent even, and make Debian to use that (for the Hurd at least).
Obviously, we want consent.  But the worst that can happen is that they
decline and we do it anyway.

This is a list that Roland sent me some time ago.  If anybody wants to have
a go at negotiating between the GNU maintainers and the util-linux
maintainer (and probably help out moving the sources), please do.
Some tools could probably use a clean up so they match the GNU coding
standards etc.  All these tools are very small, and I'd be glad to help out
with that.