Re: labeling the CD set

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:35:22PM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"  etc etc.

Well said ;)

> As the CDs virtually have the status of the Official Unofficial CDs it
> would be useful to have an naming scheme agreed and used by everyone.
>
> What about
>
> Debian GNU/Hurd Snapshot F3
> Unofficial i386 binary - 1

I am mostly curious about that F3 etc part.  What does this mean?

Are you sure you want to use the string "i386"?  I am not against it, I just
think it might be confused with the Debian GNU/Linux architecture name.
Yes, the Debian arch names are bad.  However, to avoid potential confusion,
it might be reasonable to use hurd-i386 anyway.  It's your call, though.

> The Main CD, extra CD no longer applies with the moving of "games" and
> "graphics" to the second CD.
>
> Any complaints, comments, suggestions?

Good job!  Keep it up!

Thanks,