Re: /var/run/screen

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 05:42:20PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> (emphasis mine) So do people think that /libexec/rc is right in
> cleaning files and directories from there? On Debian/Linux exempts
> directories (and ... ugh ... innd.pid).

Independant from what is correct for the Hurds standard /libexec/rc,
we want to be as compatible with Debian in the Debian Hurd package as
possible.  Can you please provide me with a suitable patch?
Maybe you can do a comparison with regards to other discrepancies, and
include any necessary changes?

> If this is considered correct, screen must get an init script that
> will create the directory on bootup.

I think it is better if we stick with whatever Debian GNU/Linux does.

Thanks,
Marcus