db3 configure dies at kill?

Hi,

I just saw on IRC in the title: please help fix: db3 configure script
dies when looking for kill.  Please people, it's fine to look in IRC
for help, but also send a short notice to the list.

The Hurd does have kill only as a shell builtin.  The kill in whatever
package it is in under Linux uses special Linux features like procps or
so (forgot the details), so it is not readily ported.  Nobody needs
kill as a shell program.

Please check why db3 configure wants an external program kill (will the
shell builtin suffice?  Will the C function do the job?).  If there is a
good reason, we can include a kill in the Hurd package (can anybody think of
cool Hurd features we can include in it?), or make the other kill portable.

Otherwise, you could probably write a small shell script that runs kill.

Thanks,
Marcus