Re: Project Suggestions

It would be useful if you could provide more information about your
capabilities and timeframe.

What is your Masters project in?  Do you have any systems design
experience?  The Hurd is noticably slower than other OSs.  What type
of hardware do you have (There is a particularily nasty bug we need
fixed that takes about an hour of solid compiling to reproduce on a
Pentium II/350 with 128MB of RAM.)

Also, I assume that by "1 week or less" you mean 40-60 hours worth of
work.  Is this your idea of 1 week?  If not, please clarify.

Lastly, where did you look for information first?  It would be useful
to post these answers somewhere that people look first.  Jim has been
putting together a rewrite of the Hurd web pages on the GNU servers,
but I don't know if people go there first or not.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey