Re: Some feedback on Hurd-F2

On Fre, Mai 25, 2001 at 12:44:20 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Third, I couldn't find a way to run any terminal emulator as non-root. I
> > have learned that for security reasons SUID and SGID programs ignore
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and therefore are unable to locate the X11 libs. xterm
> > is SUID and rxvt is SGID.
>
> We will probably make /X11R6 a link to . soon. You can try that yourself
> already (there are only minor conflicts, check out prior discussions here.

It works, more or less. There is one issue I came across: xfree86-common
won't install when /usr/lib/X11 and /usr/include/X11 aren't symlinks.

> Can you tell us what "cat /dev/mouse" and wiggeling the mouse does for you?

jr@rudi:~$ cat /dev/mouse
cat: /dev/mouse: (os/device) no such device

showtrans /dev/mouse says:
/hurd/mouse -protocol=microsoft -device=com0

Regards,

Johannes