Completely OT

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:13:01PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> Remy, if you want to help Linux, release your game as free software.

Why is only free software helping Linux? I like to use free software
but I would love to see more commercial software, especially games,
for Linux. Why should a company give away there games for free? They
have to buy computers, software, they have to pay for the graphic
designers, for musicians, how should they do that without earning some
money by selling the game? I think it would really help Linux if
people see everything a little more pragmatic, free software is a good
thing, but not every commercial software is evil and I can really not
imagine someone putting a lot of money into games and giving them away
for free. Musicians sell there CDs, Hollywood sells there movies. And
games are entertainment, too, why should they be for free???

SORRY, completely off topic...
Michael