Re: The Hurd F2 iso images available

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 09:49:49AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> > I'm hoping that for the next CD we have more non-US (We should have
> > gnupg, lsh-utils, openssl, w3m-ssl at least, and maybe others).  In
> > that case it would be nice to move them onto a seperate CD and
> > distribute that from the FSFEurope FTP site.
>
>   When i tried to compile w3m, it fail because the terminal
> information is stored in #ifdef's for each os that w3m can run on.

That's most certainly deadly wrong.  POSIX provides sufficient interfaces to
write terminal handling code without special casing individual operating
systems.

But if that is too much work, it shouldn't be too difficult to work out a
patch in line, based on existing cases for linux and bsd.

>   Could proftpd be added to the turtle.  I fixed compilation problems
> with 1.2.2rc2 from the use of MAXPATHLEN, so hopefully future
> versions will compile and run on the hurd.

Did you report it upstream or Debian BTS (or both?).  Please send turtle-add
requests to jbailey@nisa.net.  He is following the lists closely, but it
wouldn't hurt to send him an individual message with a meaningful subject,
so he doesn't miss it accidently.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de