Re: libc

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:31:43PM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Roland, Marcus, et al.
>
> Any objection to me building and uploading libc?  (Negative response
> assumed if no reply by Thursday evening Pacific Time)

I have downoaded glibc yesterday and wanted to build it now.

I have also downloaded X, so I have enough to do without caring about glibc ;)

Also, I don't know if compiling glibc natively does work currently.
You might want to give it a try. I always cross compiled the package.

BTW, in the last few releases, the Debian package of glibc was always fine,
so there is no special advice necessary for the glibc package, beside the
one: Please test it before uploading ;)

A full glibc build takes about 750 MB, so make sure you have the space.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de