Re: Hurd FAQ

"Remy Saville" <remy@home.com> writes:

> Sorry, I haven't followed the list that well.  What were the
> disadvantages of GNU Mach and advantages of OSKit-Mach that made
> people choose OSKit-Mach as the official kernel?

As I have understood it, gnumach is quite ugly and noone is willing to
do more than absolutely necessary maintenance on it. OSKit development
is more active.

Furthermore, if/when l4-hurd takes of, I imagine OSKit could still be
used, but linked into various user-space drivers instead of into the
kernel.

/Niels