Re: exim

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 01:02:01AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> I've got the cyrus-sasl package built, with the patch no prob.
>
> openldap2 appears to have a series of problems:
>
> 1) it doesn't run autoconf after it patches configure.in
> 2) when I run autoconf by hand it triggers the empty-./configure bug

Should be fixed in m4 1.4-13, please update.
 m4 (1.4-13) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Do not mix buffered and unbuffered I/O, breaks autoconf under GNU/Hurd.
     Patch by Robert Bihlmeyer. Closes: #53052, #92629.

> 3) When I work around that, libsasl doesn't chain to libdl and pam, so there are a bunch of unresolved dependancies.

I suspect that libsasl build did drop the interlibrary dependencies because
of a broken libtool. Check the libtool version it ships with, and if in
doubt update it to the libtool in Debians libtool 1.3.5-2:

libtool (1.3.5-2) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Applied patch to ltconfig (and ltconfig.in) from Marcus Brinkmann
    <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> that corrects a problem with
    dropped library dependencies in GNU Hurd package builds.  (#72702)

> 4) When I rerun libtoolize --force on cyrus-sasl, it can no longer link against anything in /lib

Oh. Eh. Mmmh. Maybe just replace ltconfig and ltmain or so. What does
libtoolize --force do?

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de