autobuilder

Hi Jeff,

please install on turtle1: libdb2-dev for cyrus-sasl and man-db.

e2fsprogs: Ted says will be fixed in 1.20, so I suggest we sit it through.

findutils: Can you take a look at this, or add it to the status page?
It shouldn't be too hard to fix it (it's a parser error, so I suspect some
macro confusion or so).

zlib: EIO from tar? Wat's that? And how does this rcmd come into the game?
What is rcmd? This looks very suspicious. Can you check if running the tar
command manually is reproducing the bug? If yes, can you isolate a test
case? Add to status page if you don't have the time to look at it.

icu: I have applied a patch (small patch, but autoconf made it big).
Please try it if you can, it should work. (There might be more problems
beside those I spotted, though).

libjpeg6b: This is one of those annoying soname errors. The Debian scripts
and the upstream code differ on the soname they expect. It should not
be difficult to work this out by carefully looking for the places those
sonames are defined, see why it is different on the Hurd and on Linux and
then change it so that it does the same on the Hurd as it does on Linux.
Maybe it is the wrong libtool version, or there is a Debian hack to
change the soname which only matches on linux.

mailx: build depends on liblockfile-dev. Last time I tried liblockfile, I
think installing it broke my system badly (made it unbootable). Maybe this
is fixed or can be fixed. Should be added to status page?

rcs: Can't be compiled as root. (conf.sh refuses).
(Note that there seems to an issue with turtle: It says it wants to
check build dependencies for it, as it hasn't verified them yet.
It jumped directly from install-source to build-package.
Seems to be a transitional problem (from before we had support for
build depends verification). On the other hand, it makes sense to recheck
build dependencies after each failed build, in case the system configuration
changed.)

bsd-finger: Wants PATH_MAX: Add to status page for someone else (or fix it).

debian-installer-utils: Wants cdebconf-dev. Do we have it?

gawk: Seems to be spurious. Can you check the Makefile?

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus