Re: Hurd F1 ISO and booting

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 01:43:28PM +0200, Andreas L. Gustafsson wrote:
> Huh!? Is there two different kernels available? I think Uhurd has a big
> documentation problme. This ought to be mentioned on some webpage.
>
> What is diffrent? Which one do I need for what functionality. Which one is
> the Debian/Hurd distro building on? (both? why?)

If you don't know already about oskit-mach, you don't need it.

> F1 F2 E1? Where do I find these ISO images? I can't find any links to it
> from the Debian/Hurd ports page. There are just a link telling about it's
> in "active development". Time to update the webpage, someone?
>
> It's not a good way to spread the word if you have to search the archiove
> of this list to find such info.

There is a hurd-cd page in the Debian GNU/Hurd ports area of the web site.
Please point us to the exact paragraph you found confusing, and we can fix
that to link to that new page.

We have to set priorities. Fixing web pages is of lower priority, but it is
easy to do when bugs are reported. Whenever you notice a bug, please make a
concise report. This would make a useful contribution.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de