Re: Cross Compile Success!

quoth Marcus Brinkmann:
> > i'm working on getting this up atm but run into the problem that x can't
> > "find the keyboard" - does this have anything to do with the fact that
> > console-tools doesn't seem to have been ported to hurd yet?
>
> console-tools is not software applicable to the Hurd: It is a linux specific
> software.

perhaps; the debs still reference console-utilities, and there is no hurd
package providing console-utilities.

> Do you talk about installing the X packages, or running the X server?
> Note that the thread you replied to is about building the X sources.

sorry; i was only looking at the current packages.

> I suspect you don't have /dev/kbd. If you just have problems running the
> X server, you should look into the mail archive or t the web pages
> describing how to get X running on the Hurd.

will do. any specific pointers to webpages (there are none referenced from
the gnu/debian/ogi/sourceforge sites)?

thank you for the general direction anyway.
--
dog
zxr | mg