Re: dpkg problem installing apache-common

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:40:32PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Of the above files, only libc.a and libc.so are in the "libc0.2-dev"
> package. The shared library itself is in "libc0.2". The symlink is
> (re)generated by "ldconfig", if I'm not mistaken.

The Hurds ldconfig is just a link to /bin/true, to make Debian postinst
scripts happy. I don't know why ldconfig is needed on Linux, it is not
required on the Hurd, as all packages are required to have appropriate
symlinks.

Now, if the symlink in the package is wrong, we have to fix that.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de