Status update

I figured that I should give a status update as far as package building goes:

My Hurd builder is tracking the following packages:

ae           bzip2        gcc-2.95      libgmp3         mutt       tcp-wrappers
anacron      cpio         gcc-defaults  libsigc++       ncurses    textutils
apt          cron         gengameng     linuxdoc-tools  nethack    vgrind
aptitude     debianutils  gperf         logrotate       nvi        wget
astyle       dialog       grap          makepasswd      perl       wmaker
at           diff         groff         man-db          plotutils  xpuyopuyo
base-files   ed           hostname      mawk            pwgen      zip
base-passwd  elvis-tiny   jade          members         screen
binutils     findutils    jed           menu            sed
blackbox     freetype     jgroff        most            sp
burgertime   gawk         joe           mp3info         tar

Of these, the following won't currently compile:

apt, freetype, mutt, mp3info, binutils, gawk, jed, findutils, elvis-tiny

The problems:
apt: A source bug appeared after 0.5.0 - I have some details
freetype: Downloading error (I think) This will probably compile next time
mutt: Wants libsasl
mp3info: wants gtk
binutils: Crashes the Hurd mid-compile
gawk: Makefile bug
jed: Depends on latex2html, which isn't installable
findutils: Source failure
elvis-tiny: Needs termio.h, which libc6-dev provides but libc0.2-dev doesn't

If there is are Debian packages that *compiles cleanly* that you want,
please let me know.  I don't have the time to chase source bugs right
now, but if something is buildable, I will keep it up to date.

If you're interested in helping me get some of these to compile, let me
know - I'd like to avoid duplication of effort (I cheerfully will let
other people do any of the work they want to!)

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.