Some questions on mouse and screen

Hello there,

I have two questions, one hurd related and the other so-so.

I have a serial Logitech mouse (which I bought when I began my Unix
adventure, afraid that a no-name mouse might give me unespected
problems, but this one endures for years in perfect condition) that
works on gpm under the MouseMan protocal, but can also work under the
Microsoft protocol.

Thins is, when I set the translator to /dev/ttyS0 and
protocol=microsoft the mouse freaks out... X starts, and it moves,
more or less, but if I press a button it will go down, things like
that, I can't make a straight line of 2 cm with him, totally
crazy. Protocol mouseman isn't implemented afaik and I've lost the URL
of the japanese page where the protocols were discribed... so when I
set it with device=ps2 protocol=ps2 X doesn't start due to a mouse
problem (/dev/mouse not found). As anybody with either a ps2 mouse (to
give me the ps2 semantics so I can use my second mouse) or ths kind of
logitech mouse (to give me the magic translator) help me?

The other one is about screen; it isn't Hurd specific but most ppl
here use it, and Linux users generally don't; now, I've come to love
screen... it's so feature-full and customizable that I've started
using it on Linux instead of the kernel VT... but the thing is, I
can't seem to be able to display any colours at all using it, only
bold... I've tried changing screenrc but I always end up either with
the same results or with a screen that doesn't understand anything of
what I'm typing.
Is colour possible? Or is it plainly impossible, period? Now that I
have colout highlighting on console with emacs I can't go back :)

Oh, BTW, last night I noticed that I can't do a C-c on, say, info,
info caughts the signal and says something like 'unkown command'; I
went to sleep while reading the screen info, so I know that it might
be something with flow control (or not); I know that there are better
ways to get out of info (a simple 'q'), but I'm afraid if this sort of
things happen in other programs where I usually just C-c them.

Best Regards,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Muñoz		GNU	http://www.gnu.org