Old message about ftpfs that works :)

I was trying to get ftpfs working without much luck, and I stumbled
upon an old message that contained a line that worked 100%!

I suppose many ppl know about this, but the ftpfs help didn't led me
to the assumption that hostmux was to be used, so I ended up with some
angry dead translators.

FWIW here it is:

----------------
Brent Fulgham <bfulgham@xpsystems.com> writes:

> The upshot of this is that dpkg-ftp is now functional, so you can
> automatically update
> your system over ftp, rather than downloading everything by hand and
> then
> installing.

Of course, with my fixes to ftpfs, I just do the following:

settrans -c /ftp /hurd/hostmux /hurd/ftpfs /

and then:

cd /ftp/ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/binary-hurd-i386

and then I can directly dpkg -i without needing to worry further.

Thomas

This syntax also appears inseveral others mails from Marcus and
others.

Best regards,

fsm

--