Re: Getcwd?

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> This doesn't look as if your system is anywhere near to a functional state.
> Something was hosed up seriously. You can not expect anything to work if
> getcwd doesn't.
>
> Alas, I have never seen such misbehaving. I suggest you reinstall from
> scratch, on a clean filesystem, and watch out for problems in an earlier
> stage.

I reinstalled from scratch, and was able to build bzip2 (as per Jeff's
recommendation) just fine after installing the necessary packages.

It is possible that I caused some breakage when trying to undo the
damage done by the usr -> . symlink in the tarball, and putting user on
it's own filesystem (parsing out packages from dpkg -S /usr/lib/\* and
mv-ing them to /usr/ which is another partition), or perhaps when I
tried out the ftpfs translator without knowing what I was really doing.

I think I saw the "Gratuitous error" the first time when trying to
change into the ftpfs directory (which of course did not work :), and
afterwards, I was not able to make the translator --goaway.  How _do_
you remove a stuck translator with an unkillable storeio?

Anyway, now I can try compiling me some non-US..

Oystein
--
ssh -c rot13 otherhost