Re: pthreads in hurd

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 08:50:50AM -0500, Igor Khavkine wrote:

> > It doesn't appear to contain bits/attr.h, which is #include'd by
> > pthread/pthread.h.  I checked the libc sources from CVS and it doesn't
> > appear there either.
>
> I think this should actually be sysdeps/generic/bits/pt-attr.h.

Okay, I will try this later.

> > The other thing is that bits/pthread.h doesn't have anything that
> > defines _HURD_THREADVAR_THREAD.  I have looked through the various
> > definiations in the sysdeps directory, but the obvious file
> > hurd/threadvar.h doesn't contain a definition for this.
>
> This is an enum constant defined in [glibc]/hurd/hurd/threadvar.h, it
> serves as an index into the stack of a newly created thread.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  You're refering to the same file that I looked
at.  These are the enum's provided:

/* These values are the indices for the standard per-thread variables.  */
enum __hurd_threadvar_index
  {
    _HURD_THREADVAR_MIG_REPLY,  /* Reply port for MiG user stub
functions.  */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_ERRNO,      /* `errno' value for this thread.  */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_SIGSTATE,   /* This thread's `struct hurd_sigstate'.  */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_DYNAMIC_USER, /* Dynamically-assigned user variables. */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_MALLOC,     /* For use of malloc. */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_DL_ERROR,   /* For use of -ldl and dynamic linker. */
    _HURD_THREADVAR_MAX         /* Default value for
__hurd_threadvar_max.  */
  };

This file in my libc checkout hasn't been updated since 1999.  Have I
missed a commit somewhere?

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.