Re: HURD and bochs

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:59:54PM -0500, Jon Eisenstein wrote:
> I've read some archived messages about this, but has anyone yet
> successfully gotten the hurd to run inside a bochs machine? I'm a bit
> confused about how to set it up, and any help would be appreciated. I've
> been trying to follow the directions for VMWare, coupled with the bochs
> directions for setting up a Redhat configuration, but apparently that's
> the wrong approach.

I've tried doing that. I got GRUB and GNUmach to boot from a diskette
image. However I couldn't get farther then that, because bochs requires
an entire disk image and not an image or a partition, and I lacked
anyway to simulate a whole disk inside a file.

Marcus mentioned something about bochs a while back, so he might
have had more succes.

Igor