Re: Should I try to resolve this?

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:17:08AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> The latest hurd is on CD2 (extra).  makedev and login are on the the first
> CD (main).  Should I put login and makedev on the exclusion list in the
> hopes that hurd will get onto the first CD?  I notice that an earlier hurd
> is in the tarball while login and makedev are not.

makedev and login packages should NOT be shipped.

In fact, they should not be on the ftp mirrors at all.
A bug was filed long ago, but the ftp admins lag behind, it seems.

They must NOT be installed. You could fix errornous installation
of makedev by reinstalling the Hurd package, but installing login
will kill your login prompt.

Marcus