Re: ppp

On Wednesday 10 January 2001 11:49, Petros Sidiropoulos wrote:
> I would like to hear good news about  support for ppp in GNU/hurd
> 'Life is miserable without sex and ppp' :)
>
> thanks in advance
> --Petros
> pesid@kav.forthnet.gr

The good news is I have ported user space PPP and it has been done for some
time, but haven't been able to test it due to certain glibc features that are
not there yet (some socket ioctl() calls), although Marcus tells me he will
be done soon. I tried doign some things manually and copying over some libs
that he gave me, but I got strange errors about "Protocol Family Not
Supported" for AF_INET. Marcus has basically told me that I may be missing
some things that he has on his system and it is best to wait for new debian
packages. So whenever new debian packages come into the mix I can get it
working. I am not about it jump into the fun that is glibc. I am leaving that
to Marcus ;). I could have written it all using fsys_set_options, but that is
not too portable, nor the recommended method.

So I just ask that all be patient, it will be there soon enough.

Dan
--
Daniel E Baumann       baumannd@msoe.edu
Web location:          http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd