Re: libdb2 or Hurd issue?

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:58:17AM -0500, Jason M. Felice wrote:

> Okay, I went digging through the source, and it seems that libdb2, like
> rpm, assumes some things about O_RDONLY/O_WRONLY/O_RDWR which are not
> true on the Hurd.

I think we fixed this a long time ago. Which versions do you use?
This is in the libc ChangeLog, and I know for sure that this was propagated
to db2 standalone library.

1999-06-07  Roland McGrath  <roland@baalperazim.frob.com>

        * db2/os/os_oflags.c (__db_oflags): Fix checking of O_ACCMODE bits to
        be POSIX compliant.  Prior definition was broken for Hurd.
        Reported by Mark Kettenis <kettenis@gnu.org>.

> So... should I fix the Hurd, or potentially lots of packages?

There are only a few packages which have broken assumptions about open
flags. We fixed a couple in the last years, so I don't suspect many further.
The package is wrong, so it should be fixed of course. POSIX defines what
you might assume.

> (Would this be a Hurd thing or a mach thing?  I'm still unclear about
> how
> some of the stuff is delegated...)

Everything that is POSIXish is a Hurd thing. Mach doesn't know what POSIX
is.

THanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de