Re: Keyboard settings for UK keyboard

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 02:05:36PM +0000, David Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure which translator handles this, or how, but I've been told
> that a couple of you have managed to get your various keyboards working
> with the hurd in the past, so I thought I'd chance my arm :)
>
> I only have a terminal, and I tend to use screen a lot, so if this can
> be done in screen, rather than messing with translators, that might be
> handy. In any case, how does one go about customising the keyboard? Is
> it through kbd, or term?
>
> Is there any way to specify a config file to either of these? And if so,
> how should it be done?

Marcus has a script (in perl I think) that does that, just check is
home dir at alpha.gnu.org; it has the script and also a config file
set for german, change that one according to your keymap and run the
script. You should have no problems since you do not need dead keys or
special fonts; I also had problems with two keys in the bottom left,
and that even with a portuguese keyboarf (strangely the german and
portuguese keymaps are the basicaly the same in non alphanumeric
chars, like /()[]+* etc.)

Good luck,

fsm

--