Re: Hurd CD

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 12:28:18AM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:
> > The transition of the Debian archive to the spool system is creating
> > problems for the Hurd CD.
>
> I hope that it will fix a lot of problems in the long run, like
> splitting binary-all in linux and hurd and really all parts.

What I seen of pool looks good

> > What this means is that hurd-E1.iso will be the last release until the
> > transition to pool has settled down.
>
> > I plan to rebuild the CD shortly using the pre-pool file system and, if
> > time permitts, rebuild the boot-floppies based on 2.2.20.  I will also
> > incorporate the new tarball.
>
> Ah, yes... hopefully tomorrow.

The CD has been rebuilt and it just needs a small fiddle to replace the
tarball.  It will be about 645 MB.  There are still a few things that
should go on, but it is a considerable improvement when compared with
previous versions.

> > Unfortunately this means that I will have to
> > stop developing the CD after this until the pool system is fully
> > established.
>
> Thanks for letting us know. Did you mail this to the authors/maintainers of
> debian-cd, too ?

I will be contacting the debian-cd group in a few minutes.  I suspect that
debian-cd will need to be hacked in order for it to work with the pool
system.  However, prudence suggests that it would wise to wait for the
transition to be completed.

At the moment my download rate seems to be slower than the rate of
conversion.  It seems as though sourceforge is undergoing a reorganisation
and is slow.  My ISP is also slow at the moment.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818