Re: /etc/mtab

> Neal H Walfield <neal@cs.uml.edu> writes:
>
> > I think you are missing something (or maybe I am wrong).  If updatedb does
> > a readdir on / then the translator on home is going to be started.
>
> You're right, updatedb will stat /home and therefore start the
> translator. That means that all passive translators will get
> activated, though...
>
> So we're back at square one.
>
> --
> Robbe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how Linux, *BSD, Solaris, etc. all behave
now.  If you don't want your /dos to end up in your locate database, you tell
locate to ignore /dos.  Do we really want Hurd to behave that much differently
in this respect?  Shouldn't it default to the same thing with respect to
locate as everything else?

----
Daniel Gryniewicz  -- dang@fprintf.net
www.fprintf.net