Re: Install report

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:30:34PM +0000, Philip Charles wrote:

> > So, all's now installed and (relatively) happy.  However, there were
> > another couple of things.  On boot, I get an error (I believe from some
> > part of the kernel):
> > "hd03: bad access: block=28, count=2, blockend=30, nr_sects2".
>
> Hummmph.  Sounds like a duff iso image or CD.

Most of us get this, it seems to be harmless. We don't know what it is, and
how to get rid of it. There is some vague suggestion that extended
partitions are involved.

> > Also, I've got a few suggested additions for the CD image for Mr
> > Charles. Firstly, it would be good if the cross-install & co. scripts
> > were there, as I had to use versions from quite a while back.  Also, the
> > kernel source would be a good idea.  And just one more small thing: the
> > hurd-doc/walf-install.html file has '@option{-o}' style bits about the
> > place, which I assume are markup and shouldn't be there?
> >

> Where is the best place to get the cross-install scripts?

http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/extra-files is the "official source"

But note that this is currently out of date. I must update it, and produce a
new tar file. I always managed it yesterday, but I hadn't enough time. I
will try to do this in the next week, but I am currently very busy.

OTOH, it will not be a good idea to do another CD with the old tar file, as
updating is troublesome, I think.

> Now for hurd-E1.iso.  Before Christmas?

I don't know how your schedule is, but if it is okay that the tar file pops
up somewhen next week, than I will take care that it really happens (the tar
file, that is).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de