Re: Packages needing to be tested

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 06:07:59PM +0100, Cord Beermann wrote:
> Hallo! Du (Neal H Walfield) hast geschrieben:
>
> >So, take a look and try to give one build:
> >
> ># apt-get source --compile package
>
> if i understand correctly: Marcus has pulled the hacked apt for
> the hurd from the archives, so we have to convert back to the old
> ftp-method... :-/ (no offense)

If you look at the time stamps, his message was an hour or two after
mine.

> * slocate
> compiles without any problem, but it wants /etc/mtab. i changed
> that to /etc/fstab and as far as i can see it works...

If you are feeling inspired, you could write an mtab translator.
This should not be hard to write, the question is what to include in mtab.
My feelings on this are any file filesystem in /etc/fstab that is mounted
should be listed (either started or not), however, what is involved in
determining what is mounted is another can of worms (think cdrom, etc.).

> * jove
> compiles and works fine after changing
[snip]

> what is the procedure if we want to make a Package also working
> for hurd? simply filing a bug with the patch, or what?

File a bug against jove with the patch both Upstream and in the
Debian BTS.  Then, the bugs are fixed in a new release and the Debian
Maintainer is inspired to package it.

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield